Successful legal directory rankings provide firms with independent, globally recognised market validation, helping secure valuable profile in the crowded legal market.
In October 2018, we published our second directories white paper ‘Legal directories: are they keeping pace in a connected world?’, analysing views from lawyers and business development professionals from around the world, and in-depth interviews with GCs and firms of all sizes.
It is clear that the directories, particularly Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, closely followed by IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal, are a credible source of information used by GCs and clients entering new jurisdictions and by firms to bolster marketing material and tenders.
But being part of the process puts significant pressure on business support teams and lawyers, whether you’re from a magic-circle firm or a boutique practice.
Our legal directories team has a global reputation for delivering excellent results.
The team, which includes qualified lawyers, the former Head of Proposals and Directories for a top-50 UK law firm, Head of Marketing of the UK’s largest litigation firm and Senior Editor of a range of legal journals and publications, brings experience from all sides of the directories process.
Whether you’re a UK or international law firm, our legal directories consultants have the experience to provide tailored support to meet your needs.
Outsourced, in-house directories team
- We will manage the end-to-end process as an extension of your firm. From early planning, research and writing to coaching partners for interview, maintaining profile throughout the research period and final ranking debriefs.
Delivering an effective strategy for your legal directories submissions
- We approach each submission as you would a proposal for a new client. Our team is adept at interviewing partners, understanding the strengths of your team, notable individuals and identifying information that evidences a compelling proposition for target rankings.
- With a team that includes specialist bid writers, we write persuasive and compelling directories submissions, giving teams the best opportunity to achieve their target rankings.
Review and edit existing legal directory submissions
- Our specialists will review and improve drafted documents, identifying gaps and ensuring key messages are clear and evidenced throughout the submission.
Submission templates and guidance
- We will provide you with a suite of robust submission templates and guidance notes, enabling firms to build submissions knowledge banks that can be used to repeat your success, year after year.
- We deliver tailored training courses to ensure your marketing team has all the tools to write compelling directory submissions and knows how to navigate the research process.
Deliver powerful PR on new legal directory rankings
- We know how to turn successful directories results into broader recognition, as part of an effective PR strategy.
Call us on +44 (0)20 3475 3727 to discuss how we can help with your submissions
Our legal directories guides
Legal directories for firms in the UK
UK submission deadlines and research details will be announced in November so we will soon launch our comprehensive guide to UK directories. Request our UK directories guide
Legal directories for firms in the Middle East
UK directories covering the UAE don’t have as broad a scope in terms of practice area as the listings focused on the UK or US market. However, they offer recognition across a number of key practice areas.
Legal directories for firms in the US
The process of getting ranked isn’t complex but it can be time-consuming. Given the highly competitive nature of US directory listings, time is easily wasted.