Whether you’re a UK or international law firm, our legal directories consultants have the experience to provide tailored support to meet your needs.
Successful legal directory rankings provide firms with independent, globally recognised market validation, helping secure valuable profile in the crowded legal market.
But being part of the process puts significant pressure on business support teams and lawyers, whether you’re from a magic-circle firm or a boutique practice.
Our legal directories team
Our expert legal directories team has a global reputation for delivering excellent results.
The team includes qualified lawyers, the former Head of Proposals and Directories for a top-50 UK law firm, Head of Marketing of the UK’s largest litigation firm and Senior Editor of a range of legal journals and publications.
They bring experience from all sides of the directories process.
Our white paper
In October 2018, we published our second directories white paper ‘Legal directories: are they keeping pace in a connected world?’.
We analysed views from lawyers and business development professionals from around the world, and conducted in-depth interviews with GCs and firms of all sizes.
It is clear that the directories, particularly Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, closely followed by IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal, are a credible source of information used by GCs and clients entering new jurisdictions and by firms to bolster marketing material and tenders.
Our legal directories services
Outsourced, in-house directories team
- We will manage the end-to-end process as an extension of your firm. From early planning, research and writing to coaching partners for interview, maintaining profile throughout the research period and final ranking debriefs.
Delivering an effective strategy for your legal directories submissions
- We approach each submission as you would a proposal for a new client. Our team is adept at interviewing partners, understanding the strengths of your team, notable individuals and identifying information that evidences a compelling proposition for target rankings.
- With a team that includes specialist bid writers, we write persuasive and compelling directories submissions, giving teams the best opportunity to achieve their target rankings.
Audit service – review and edit existing legal directory submissions
- Want to know why your submissions might not be hitting the mark or your referee process and feedback is letting you down? Our specialists will look at your previous submissions through the eyes of a team of researchers and editors and give you answers as to where you might be going wrong. We will review and improve drafted documents, identifying gaps and ensuring key messages are clear and evidenced throughout the submission. We provide strategic guidance, aligned to your firm’s business objectives to help you get the best return on your submissions.
Submission templates and guidance
- We will provide you with a suite of robust submission templates and guidance notes, enabling firms to build submissions knowledge banks that can be used to repeat your success, year after year.
- We deliver tailored training courses to ensure your marketing team has all the tools to write compelling directory submissions and knows how to navigate the research process.
Deliver powerful PR on new legal directory rankings
- We know how to turn successful directories results into broader recognition, as part of an effective PR strategy.
Request our legal directories guides on the UK, the Middle East, USA and Europe.
Email us at email@example.com to find out more about how we can help with your submissions